Join your First Church members and friends who volunteer to make church run on Sundays! Please contact the appropriate committee chair for more information!
8 Volunteers total are needed. Our Audio techs are responsible for the quality of sound at each of our Sunday Services. We need 1 person per service. Training is provided. Duties include:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the service for equipment check
- Monitor the quality of the sound in the sanctuary during the service
- Record the sermon for digital distribution
- Audio coverage at 1 or 2 Sunday Services per month
Thirty-two volunteers are needed. The ushers are usually the first people members and guests encounter at Sunday Services. They are a vital part of creating a welcoming congregation. Four ushers are needed for each of the Sunday Services to:
- Arrive 20 prior to the start of the service
- Welcome members and guests
- Distribute Orders of Service
- Assist people in finding a seat
- Escort new families to the Children’s Religious Education classes
- Collect the offering
- Usher at 1 or 2 services per month
A pool of substitute ushers is also needed for each service – ideal for those who cannot commit to ushering 1-2 times per month.