Please review the following criteria before nominating an organization to be considered as a recipient of funds raised through the First Unitarian Society’s (“First Church”) Share the Plate program.
1. The organization aligns with our UU principles and values and with our First Church mission.
2. The organization has wide appeal.
3. The organization provides services predominantly in the Milwaukee metro area.
4. The organization is non-profit, usually with 501(c)(3) status.
5. The organization has a track record and verifiable history of performance.
6. The organization uses a high percentage of its budget for programming (80% or more preferred).
7. The organization addresses issues identified as important by the congregation:
a. Daily needs
e. Civil rights
f. The Arts
Note that the Share the Plate Committee is particularly interested in organizations that provide direct services to those in need.
We also request that a representative from the organization be available during the Coffee Hours on the first Sunday of the month in which the organization is a Share the Plate recipient.
Your Share the Plate Committee