Kinship Community Food Center, previously known as Riverwest Food Pantry, is the October Share the Plate recipient.
Feeding hunger is a catalyst for the well-being of a community. Kinship Community Food Center engages volunteers and neighborhood residents to end hunger, isolation, and poverty. Their innovative programs nourish food security and wellness, foster belonging and community engagement, and empower stability and economic prosperity in our city.
Building community in 2022:
- 78,333 lbs. of produce distributed to community members in need.
- 11,553 lbs. of produce grown in community-run gardens and farm.
- 290,472 lbs. of food distributed to community members in need.
- 14,933 people served.
- 5,691 total volunteer visits.
- 81% referral success rate for STRIDE (crisis assistance and mentoring) program.
Your generous financial contribution or a gift of your time can help Kinship Community Food Center continue to feed thousands of our neighbors, accompany them through their deepest struggles, and create a space in our city for meaningful relationships between people of all backgrounds.
Learn more about Kinship Community Food Center at https://www.kinshipmke.org. Contribute securely online at the link below or mail your check to First Church made payable to Kinship Community Food Center and we’ll forward your contribution to them. Please be generous in your support.
Donate to this STP Partner HERE.