Welcome to First Church
Greetings from the First Church Ministers
Welcome and Come In! We are delighted you are visiting our website, the doorway into this Unitarian Universalist community. We welcome people of all genders, sexualities, ages, races, ethnicities, histories, and bodies here.
Welcome and Come Home! Whether you are searching for a place to raise your children to discover their own truths or seeking spiritual growth for yourself, this may be the place for you. Whether you were raised in a religious tradition or are someone who never before affiliated with religion, this may be the place for you. Whether you know what you believe about life and death, suffering and healing, humanity and the spirit, or are seeking a way to find your beliefs, this may be the place for you.
This congregation is full of vibrant, thoughtful people who cherish each other and our free faith. This church welcomes people home to their own heart and soul, respects and stimulates people’s minds, and encourages people towards the integrity of bringing our beliefs and actions into harmony.
Our congregation is a connecting community where you will find support and caring; a seeking community where you will be able to learn and grow; a deepening community where you will be able to explore the central questions of your life; a justice-seeking community where you will be able to join with others to make a difference in the world. Here you will find a community of celebration, a community of exploration, a community of deep listening, and a community open to the power of transformation.
We can’t wait to meet you and travel with you on life’s journey of faith and doubt, joy and sorrow, frustration and beauty, brokenness and healing.
Come visit us for Sunday service. This may be the home you never knew you had.
The Reverends Jennifer Nordstrom and Dena McPhetres
Get to Know First Church
Discover the many ways to participate in all that First Church offers. From Sunday services to our many interest groups, there’s a place for you within our community.
- Join us on Sundays for our services, Coffee Hour, the Sunday Forum, and Religious Education.
- Learn more about our Unitarian Universalist Beliefs as well as our values and history.
- Get Involved by volunteering, joining an interest group and becoming a church member.
- Participate in Children’s Religious Education and Adult Spiritual Development, which include all of the ways that children, teens and adults grow toward their potential as compassionate, ethical and fulfilled human beings.
- Connect with us on Facebook and our YouTube Channel.
- Stay informed with eNews. Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.