Religious Education Registration & Volunteering
Hello parents and caregivers! If your children will be joining us for religious education on Sunday or any RE event, we need you to register them annually. Guests are invited to attend RE on Sunday three times before registering.
Registering helps us put names to those adorable faces, take attendance, keep everyone safe and allows us to keep in touch with our amazing families. So, don’t wait! Register your children for religious education ASAP and be a part of our awesome community!
Early registration offers a $25 discount until the end of September. Registration cost for the entire year is $50 per child for members, maximum cost is $100 per family for the year. Guests RE fees are $75 per child. If your family could use a full or partial fee waiver, please do not hesitate to contact the Minister of Religious Education Rev. Kimberlee Tomczak Carlson. We never turn a family away!
Religious Education depends on volunteers sharing their wisdom, energy, and time with our children. We ask all families to contribute to the RE program by being one of the amazing people First Church needs each Sunday to create our RE program. Thank You for sharing your time and energy to empower the next generation!
- All volunteers who work with our children will need to be vaccinated and willing to have a general background check every two years to ensure the safety of our families. Please look over our Volunteer Screening, Work Guidelines and Code of Ethics. LINK
- If you are a new volunteer, the first step is filling out the RE Volunteer form.
RE Volunteer Roles 2023-24:
- UU Maker Space Lead Facilitator: Lead a maker activity with children. Activities provided and/or facilitator’s ideas welcome, this is a place to share your maker interests and skills.
- UU Maker Space Volunteer Helper: Provides support for the facilitator and participants.
- UU Play Lead Facilitator: Leading active games with children. Activities provided and facilitator’s ideas welcome.
- UU Play Volunteer Helper: Provides support for the facilitator and participants.
- Preschool-Early Childhood Helper: Assisting in the Preschool with Mariah Groshek volunteers for the 9:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. Sunday service.
- Nursery-Early Childhood Helper: Assisting in the Nursery with Cecelia Groshek, volunteers for the 9:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. Sunday service.
- All Ages Volunteer: Assist Rev. Kimberlee on All Ages Sundays.
- All Ages Faith Formation: Supervise and play with children in the Faith Formation Room.
- UU Choice: Propose an activity or workshop idea for our children, work with Rev. Kimberlee to shape a feature workshop.
- Youth Adviser: Work with Deb Solis to provide support and guidance to adolescents.
- OWL Facilitator: Sexuality Educator, training required. OWL Facilitator and Snack Schedule