Careers at First Church
First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee, a Unitarian Universalist congregation, is a progressive church based on diverse beliefs, intellectual freedom, spiritual community and social justice. We are a vibrant congregation of 750 members with numerous educational, spiritual development, and social justice ministries and programs. It is a great place to work.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of First Church. It is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, gender, creed, ethnicity, sexual identity or orientation, age, class, disability, national origin or ancestry. We are interested in actively promoting more diversity within our congregation.
NOW HIRING – FACILITIES ASSISTANT
The person in this part-time position assists users of the church facilities in conducting their programs, provides security for the facilities, and performs other miscellaneous tasks.
- Provide set-up for meetings and events (including audio visual equipment).
- Represent the church to users of the building, answering facilities questions, and providing assistance as needed.
- Manage the facilities for some Sunday services including: opening building, sanctuary set-up, lecture set-up, assisting with coffee set-up and clean-up, straightening up after church services and programs.
- Provide security for facilities including some monitoring of the front door and closing procedures.
- Miscellaneous office and custodial tasks as directed by the Facilities Manager (such as snow shoveling, stuffing envelopes, watering plants, straightening kitchen, running the vacuum cleaner, running dishwashing).
- Must be able to perform manual labor including lifting 80 pounds.
- Good candidates will have caring customer service skills, be dependable, be good communicators, have good judgment, have confidence and diplomacy.
SCHEDULE: Average 17 hours per week. Two weekday evenings and alternating weekend daytime hours. Also, must be available on a per-event honorarium basis (events entailing 1-4 hours work), to provide services for groups which meet outside regular hours (e.g., wedding rehearsals, Saturday night receptions or concerts). Be available to occasionally sub for the other Facilities Assistant.
PAY: $12.50/hour, $13.00/hour after a satisfactory probationary period.
May not be a member of First Unitarian Church.
Great job for a mature student or a robust senior.
CONTACT: For more details, contact Facilities Manager Tom Schroeder or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a job description.
Please email a letter of interest and resume as soon as possible. We will take applications until the right candidate is found.