Exploring Beliefs. Nurturing Spirits.
For Unitarian Universalists, religious education includes all of the ways that children, teens and adults grow toward their potential as compassionate, ethical and fulfilled human beings. Our RE program is grounded in our Unitarian Universalist Principles and Sources, and in our relationships with one another.
Children’s Religious Education is about much more than learning. It’s about growing and the wonder of being alive! First Unitarian Church provides an environment where the spirit of each child will grow and they can confidently explore life’s most puzzling questions. Above all, we’re committed to providing a program that encourages young people to learn and respect what is religious about their own lives.
Your family is invited to join in the exploration and celebration.
For more information, contact:
Beryl Aschenberg, Director of Religious Education
Discover more about Religious Education opportunities at First Church:
- Early Childhood
- Middle School
- High School (YRUU): Offers a supportive environment where teens explore feelings about their self, world and religion.
- Our Whole Lives (OWL): nationally renowned sexuality curriculum developed in by the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ.
- Summer Program: a mix of fun activities and reinforcement of our Unitarian Universalist values.
- Adults: a place where seeking and questioning is welcomed, where those who long for deep connection can attain it; where those who wish to explore their spiritual and religious paths will have company for the journey.
- Children’s RE from A-Z: Answers to commonly asked questions.