Stewardship of this Church
In this website area, you will discover options to:
- Give to our Annual Pledge Drive
- Consider Planned Giving (Heritage Society) options
- Support the church and its programs in other ways
Stewardship lives in the deep generosity of spirit, which inspires us to be present with and for each other in Sunday services, in Theme Circles and interest groups, and in the simple friendships we find as members of this congregation.
Stewardship also lives in the combined talents that members generously give to support the work of myriad committees, to teach Religion Education classes, to usher at services, and so much more. We share our talents to further our mission – Nurture the Spirit, Engage the Mind, and Inspire Action.
Stewardship continues with generous financial contributions from members and friends. These contributions allow us to care for our historic building, to pay our talented staff, and to support our UU outreach activities in Milwaukee and the world.
Here are various ways to pay your financial pledge of support:
Automatic Electronic Funds Transfer
• On a monthly basis (on the 15th of each month)
• Convenient for you and cost effective for the church
• Autopledge Authorization Form
Credit Card Payment
• Convenient to access via MyFirstChurch account
• Includes small processing fee for the church
• Instructions for setting up your MyFirstChurch account
Donations of Appreciated Stock
• Can offer significant tax advantages
• Please follow procedures for donating appreciated stock to ensure a smooth transaction
Umbrella Giving – Administered by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)
• Make a single gift to the UUA and direct all or part to First Church or other UU entity
• Gives you access to life-income gift options such as charitable gift annuities
• For more information, check out the UUA Umbrella Giving Program.