Pathfinders is one of Wisconsin’s oldest and most effective nonprofit organizations serving youth in crisis and is our March partner.
Low-barrier, innovative services support youth in finding safety, hope, and healing. Pathfinders serves about 7,000 youth each year. Nearly 1,000 of these youth access intensive services. More than 25% utilize two or more programs. Pathfinders remains deeply committed to ensuring that all youth are safe, healthy, independent, successful, and valued.
Pathfinder’s approach improves likelihood of successful outcomes.
• Positive Youth Development – youth are partners and decision-makers in the services received.
• Trauma-Informed Care – individualized therapeutic approaches enable youth to engage more effectively while working towards self-identified goals.
• Housing First Model – securing safe housing for young people in crisis ASAP is essential to long-term success.
• Evidence-Based Frameworks – staff trained on nationally-certified, best-practice models proven to work.
• Youth-Led Programming – youth have the most important say in services provided and how the agency is run, with opportunities for leadership development.
• Harm Reduction – spectrum of services and strategies that support youth’s safety and reinforce positive changes, while maintaining individual dignity and autonomy.
Learn more about Pathfinders at https://www.pathfindersmke.org.
Contribute securely online at this link or mail your check to First Church made payable to Pathfinders Milwaukee. We’ll forward your contribution to them.
Bob Monahan, Share the Plate Ministry