Consider Becoming a Theme Circle Facilitator!
This leadership role is a ministry of creating a space for reflection in a small group of your peers. Each summer we look for new Theme Circle Facilitators.
- are a member of First Church
- are interested in exploring our monthly themes
- have facilitation skills
- are a good listener
- can help others share airtime
- can follow the Theme Circle format
- can hold space for deep listening within a small group,
Please consider applying to become a Theme Circle Facilitator.
If you have already been a participant in a Theme Circle, that is ideal, but not necessary.
The commitment requires:
- lead a 2-hour Theme Circle once a month, October – June
- attend facilitator meetings every other month, September – May
- attend the one-session Facilitator training online in August or September with the leader of Soul Matters themes, Rev. Scott Tayler
- explore the monthly Theme Circle packets, engaging in the resources and spiritual exercises before your circle meets each month
- regularly communicate with your Theme Circle members via email
- learn how to be a host on Zoom for online Circles or learn how to use technology for multi-platform (in-person and virtual participants in the same room)
- serve for one year, with the option to renew for future years
- work closely with our Associate Minister, Rev. Dena McPhetres
Please find the facilitator application form here: Application for Theme Circle Facilitator
Application deadline is July 15. Selected applicants may be interviewed by Rev. Dena before mid-August. The new cycle of Theme Circles at First Church begins the third week of October.
For more information, contact Rev. Dena McPhetres .
Check out this video from facilitators Pat McFarland & Katy Phillips.