Worship Associates (WA) help lead our Sunday worship services, collaborating with the ministers to reflect on meaning, purpose, and the life of the congregation. Worship Associates help develop Sunday themes for worship in monthly meetings with the Ministers and Music Directors. At these meetings, we explore monthly themes like “Finding Our Center,” and “Belonging,” and then identify topics for each of the Sunday services of the month.
Worship Associates work one on one with the ministers by selecting readings or telling a personal story related to the theme of the service. On Sunday morning, Worship Associates share their story from the pulpit. The program includes training for Worship Associates on story-telling, pulpit presence, and how to create the container for the shared experience of the worship service.
We are looking for church members who:
- are inspired by worship and want to contribute to the congregation’s depth of experience;
- want to engage in philosophical and theological reflection about meaning and purpose;
- have diverse identities, which this year particularly means young adults, newer members, and people of color;
- have poise and public speaking ability; and
- are deeply committed to the church and its values.
WA SERVICE COMMITMENTS AND APPLICATIONS Please submit your application by March 31, 2023 through the website at: https://uumilwaukee.org/get-involved/worship-associates/. Worship Associates will begin planning worship at the required Worship Associate meetings on: Worship Associates will begin serving at Sunday worship services in September 2023.
Rev. Jennifer Nordstrom, Senior Minister