Welcome! We are excited to have you as part of our Religious Education program for the 2016-2017 church year! Ready to register? A complete registration includes signing-up your children, volunteering in some capacity to support the RE program, and paying for program registration fees. You can complete all of these tasks online on our new 2017-2018 CRE Registration form! or download the appropriate form below and submit in person or by mail with your fees. As noted below, scholarships and reduced fees are always available in order to make participation possible for all children and youth. Contact our Director of Religious Education (DRE) Beryl Aschenberg for more information about those options.
Here is additional information that will help you understand our registration process for Children’s RE at First Church:
- All RE participants from nursery through high school youth group must be registered. This is important for staffing, medical and insurance reasons, as well as to keep families informed about what’s happening in the program.
- Children are invited to visit our Sunday School classes up to three times without registering. After that, we will ask you to make a choice as to whether or not your child will continue to participate in the RE program. You do not have to be a member to register your child. RE registration is ongoing throughout the year. Planning a visit? First time visitors will need to fill out an RE Program Visitor Form. You can print a copy below, or fill one out in person when you arrive.
- The First Unitarian Society of Milwaukee is committed to ensuring that all families and their children can participate in RE, regardless of their ability to pay. However, the cost of our program is substantial and we encourage all parents who are able to participate in supporting it financially. Registration fees for 2016-17 are: $75 per child (maximum $175 per family) for member families, and $100 per child (maximum of $250 per family) for non-member families. These fees are discounted by $25 per child (up to $75 off per family) with “Early Bird” registration prior to August 1, 2017!
- If the cost of RE causes a hardship of any sort for your family, please contact our Director of Religious Education (DRE), Beryl Aschenberg, to request a full or partial scholarship prior to submitting a registration form. You can reach Beryl at 414-273-5257, ext. 204, or via email at beryl[at]uumilwaukee[dot]org. If you are receiving a full or partial scholarship, you must submit a hard copy registration form.
- If you are NOT receiving a scholarship you can now register and pay online! Simply use this registration link.
- Get information about Summer Religious Education here!
Printable registration forms: