A multi-age group experience held on the first Sunday of each month.
First Sundays give children a special opportunity to connect with other kids of different ages as we explore some BIG UU themes, such as:
- Finding compassion for ourselves and others
- Making a difference with our actions
- Being in touch with our spiritual selves
- Creating beloved community!
Children start out in their own classrooms, and then gather together for Children’s Chapel. Afterwards, they break into small, multi-aged groups to meet other children in the program and work together on a project or theme.
2016-2017 First Sunday Themes:
- October 2 – Beloved Community- Blessing our Spaces.
- November 6 – We See You and We Care- Recognizing people who are homeless all have their own stories.
- December 4 – Being Present to Our Community- Giftwrapping of holiday gifts for youth/young adults served Milwaukee’s Pathfinders organization.
- January 1 – Join us for our Multigenerational service today at 10:00am.
- February 5 – Friendship Day; Reaching Out to Show we Care.
- March 5 – To Be Announced
- April 2 – Our Vote Counts- Choosing a “Share the Plate” recipient for May
- May 7 – Teacher Appreciation